Saturday, May 19, 2018

Finally, a "Just Cos" Layout!


Happy Saturday Scrappy Friends,

I am finally back - with a layout I have done, just because I felt like it!!  It is so good to be able to do that sometimes.  I love my DT commitments, and I love my job, and my role as Mum and Wifey, but they do take a large chunk of my time, and I rarely get time to sit down and just let the creativity flow...

Anyway, here is my layout:



I have been lucky enough to come from a long line of people who love photography.  As such, I have collected many vintage photos from my Nanna.  Shortly before she passed away, I was visiting her and I took photos of many of her old photographs.  This was one of them.  The little girl in the front of the truck is my Nanna, and the rest of the people are her parents and brothers.  I think one of her brothers was taking the photo.  My great-grandfather owned a removalist business in Ipswich, and every now and then he would use one of the trucks to take the family camping.  Nanna told me they would all sleep in the back of the truck.

Anyway, to scrap this gorgeous photo, I chose to use the beautiful 13 Arts "Vintage Moments" paper, available here at Scrap Matrix.

I prepared my mixed media background by applying some texture paste with this Prima Stencil then when dry I added some of the gorgeous paint from the Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylic Chalk Paint - Seth Apter Boxed Paints, (Set 4.)  I mainly used Spanish Mulberry, but also added in some Venice Blue and Steel Grey.  I then sprayed some Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist in Autumn Maple Crimson over the top.  I then decided (typical of me to chop and change) that it needed some lighter colours to break it up a bit, so I added some more texture paste with another stencil.

Next, I painted this Blue Fern Studio Framington Medley in the Spanish Mulberry Fresco Paint, and this Blue Fern Studio Family Title in cream paint.


   















I adhered the Framington Medley chipboard piece over the top of my background, so my photo would sit on top of it.  Then I backed my paper with some more of the 13 Arts Vintage Moments paper and adhered it where I wanted it to go.

To embellish my layout, I used some amazing pieces from a Tim Holtz Ideology Ephemera pack, some gorgeous flowers - Swan Roses in Burgandy and some pieces I diecut from some scrap paper, again from the Vintage Moments kit.  I also wanted some more vintage feel to my layout, so I added some of this gorgeous Vintage Lace 5 Camille Cream.

To finish it all off, I added my title piece to the top left corner of my layout, stamped some script randomly over my page using the Paint Chips Clear Stamp, and splattered some gesso over it all.

There you have it!!

Here are some close ups:




Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, and that you can fit some time in to be creative.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. 





No comments: