Thursday, December 28, 2017

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

This is my favourite time of the year - the week between Christmas and New Year's Day when not much is done, the cricket is on the television, the family is in a constant food coma.....  It's the perfect time for scrapping and catching up on challenges.

Have you seen the December Challenge over at Scrap Matrix?  It is about using all things Paper Artsy.  If you haven't come across Paper Artsy before, (and I have to admit I hadn't before I started shopping at Scrap Matrix!)

For this challenge, I went way out of my comfort zone, for a start I used no patterned paper at all - simply unheard of for me...lol...





I used this gorgeous stamp available at Scrap Matrix







Then I stamped a whole heap of various flowers on white card. 
 
While they dried, I took out a piece of white cardstock and stamped some more flowers diagonally down the page.  I then painted them with the Dina Wakley paint too.  Something I have learned over time is how to create balance on my page.  Basically, large is heavier than small, and dark colours are heavier than light colours.  So, when stamping, if I had a large image at the top, I was careful to either cluster a few smaller images, or paint the large image in a light colour, and the small image in a darker colour.While I waited for all the paint to dry, I worked on my photo mat.  I cut a strip of black cardstock, and simply layered across some drywall mesh, some washi tape, some lace and some of these gorgeous German Scrap Renaissance Petite Black paper strips.I backed my photos in some red coloured, and then put it all together.  I then adhered  the photo mat across the base cardstock.  Once I cut out the other painted images, I layered them over the flowers painted on the base cardstock to add depth to my page.I used the "sisters" word from the 13 Arts Art Journey chipboard 
sheet.

Here are some close ups:







The products I used on this, available at Scrap Matrix, include:

Paper Artsy Stamp EK D06
Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint.
German Scrap Petite Renaissance Black Paper Lace
7 Dots Homegrown Clear Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Ideology Label Letters

That's it from me for now.  Hope you enjoyed my post, and don't forget to have a go at this month's challenge.


Monique xx







No comments: