Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cre8 Till L8 Challenge

Hi everyone,

How was your weekend?  It was a long one up here in Queensland for Labour Day, so mine was pretty good - spent chilling, scrapping, catching up on some housework and seeing family and friends.

Anyway, thank you for popping by my blog.  Today I thought I'd share a layout with you that I did at Saturday's Cre8 till L8 day, run by Michelle from Studio M Designs.
Michellle always has a challenge on the day, and I participate everytime.  Not so much for the fantastic prizes on offer, (20% and 10% off your shop purchases) but because it is fantastic for getting the mojo flowing and doing something different.  The prizes are by random draw, so everyone who enters has a chance of winning.

This was the criteria for the challenge this time:

1. Title/Theme/ Inspiration – Happy
2. Design/Project – Circles3. Tech/Tools – Die Cuts/ Embossing Folders4. Colour – White plus one other colour (can include varies shades of the one colour)5. Medium – Inks (Can be ink Pads or Spray inks)6. Journal – With a white pen7. Embellishment – Die Cut Feature

And this is what I did, please note I found it VERY difficult to simply use "White and One other Colour," so I entered the challenge, and then with I got home I added some black lettering and some black ink splashes...just couldn't resist - lol.






To create the background I diecut some Spellbinder's circles and arranged them onto the ink splashes I had laid down initially.  I did some stamping, and used some Colour Blast Paste in Snow with a Dusty Attic Stencil, some gesso splashes, and some stamping, also used some Melt Art White embossing powder.  The Colour Blast Paste and the Dusty Attic Stencil are available in the Studio M Designs shop here.

I was actually pretty happy with how it turned out.

Cheers,
Hope you all have a wonderful week xx

No comments: