Monday, May 23, 2016

A "Just Because" Layout - "Enjoy The Sunshine"

I just adore scrapping "just because" layouts.  It's when I get a chance to use mediums that I might want to try, or techniques that I want to experiment with, or even goodies I've been dying to play with.
"Enjoy The Sunshine" is exactly that.  I had so much fun just sitting down and playing.
This is what I did:




On this layout, I was keen to try out my new Dusty Attic "Waves" Stencil,  so I used some Colour Blast Colour Paste in Snow to apply the "waves" to the Pion Design "Shoreline Treasures" paper.  I really wanted to create a foamy "white cap" look.  You can get the Dusty Attic "Waves" stencil and the Colour Blast Colour Paste from Studio M Designs here.

 I completed the background by using a Prima stencil and stencilling some "bubbles" onto the background with some texture paste mixed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals.  Then I splattered the background with some Lindy's Stamp Gang mist in Sandra Dee Sepia and Aloha Avocado.  Then I blended some blue into the background with some watercolours - just to give the layout a watery "under the sea" look.

 I also wanted to use a Dusty Attic "Fishnet" chipboard piece.  All I did with that was stamp some embossing glue on it, and embossed it with some Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder.  I was really trying to blend in the background colours of the paper, and give a "fish net" look to the paper.


Other Dusty Attic chipboard - the Shells and Seahorses - where painted in ombre tones.  To achieve this, I painted the base of the chipboard in the darkest shade, then kept adding white and blending it in as I went higher.  I finished the chipboard off by sprinkling some glitter on to it.

Here are some close ups:






I cut some diecuts with the Kaisercraft "Seagrass" die and painted the white yardstick in greens to blend into the layout.  I put the whole layout together with some flowers, and some Prima Glass Glitter.

Hope you enjoy your week folks, thank you for stopping by my blog
xx



No comments: