Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's Challenge Time!!


Hi everyone!!
It's challenge week over at the WOW - Words or Whatever blog this week. 
This month it is a PUZZLE CHALLENGE - the puzzle being set by yours truely.  If you don't like it, complain to me!

Here is the puzzle - you need to use ALL of the elements of the Puzzle, PLUS a piece of WOW - Words or Whatever Chipboard.

So you have to include Hexagons, Splats, Arrows and Chevrons.  What do you think?  Willing to give it a go?
 
 
This is what I came up with, I decided these pieces were perfect for a boy layout so I did a nice grungy layout about my son, with one of my favourite photos.
 
 
Yes, he really is a ratbag - just so cheeky and full of fun.  The older he gets the worse he gets..lol...but I love him and wouldn't have it any other way!
I've used the Kaisercraft "Attitude!" collection - an oldie but a goodie - just love this range for creating grungy boy pages.
 
So my puzzle elements are:
  • Splats using the 6x6 Crafter's Workshop Template "Splats" and some Picket Fence Distress Stain. 
  • Arrows are diecuts from the Kaisercraft "Attitude!" Collectables Pack.
  • For Hexagons, I used the WOW - Words or Whatever Chicken Wire PieceWOW1636
  • For the Chevrons I used the WOW - Words or Whatever Corner Arrow Pack WOW1626  both pieces were altered using Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter, then I added some black ink to give a hint of depth.
Here are some close - ups:
 

 

So there's the challenge folks - nice and easy if you ask me, so get creating and participate!
For more ideas and inspiration, don't forget to visit the WOW - Words or Whatever Blog to see what the rest of the DT came up with!!
That's it from me, hope you are having a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow - love your funky boy layout!!!!!