Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Told you......

I have been scrapping, not just snapping photos - lol.  I've been playing along at the Scrapbook Savvy Cybercrop.
First up, I did Kerryn's colour challenge:
Kerryn used this picture:

And came up with this colour pallette:



Gorgeous colours hey?  I just loved them, and knew at once which range I was going to play with.
Here is my creation, using Fancy Pants "The Good Life" range.

 
 
 
Here are a couple of close ups: 




The chipboard you see above is a WOW - Words or Whatever Leafy Branch Large. WOW1526.  I painted it some Jenny Bowlin Dabber Paint - in Firetruck Red, then added some Tim Holtz Dabber in Lemonade.  Quite like the effect of the two paints.


I also did Sara's Sketch Challenge.



This was the sketch we were given:

Anyways, this is what I did with it.  I used October Afternoon's Midway Range - it is so totally scruptious, peeps.  Honestly the patterns and the gorgeous bright colours are amazing!
 
As the colours of my photo were bright as well, I decided to tone it down a tad by adding some grey, which was the same tone as the greys in the papers.  Yes, you can also see some more WOW - Words or Whatever.  I have used a cog from the 12x12 Cog Frame Set C819, brightened up by adding some Prima Chalk Ink in Rusty Key and a  moustache from the WOW - Words or Whatever Mini Mos set WOW1605 which I simply inked in Distress Stain

Here are some close-ups.




That's it from me today, think I might have a  nap as I am feeling rather tired now.
Cheers,
Monique

2 comments:

amanda73 said...

amazing layouts niq......loving them all.......and the pics in the previous posts are stunning

Unknown said...

WOW WOW WOW!! I am so in love with your latest work! Love the mixed media feel to the first one..very inspirational! Thanks so much for leaving a lovely message on my blog, so happy that you stopped by :)xo