Sunday, May 6, 2012

Time for a Puzzle Challenge!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!

There is lots of fun and frivolity happening over at the Frosted Designs Facebook Page today - all weekend there are new games and challenges being put up, and also on their blog, so swing by both and check it out!


OK, peeps - this it the Puzzle Challenge I have put up over on the Frosted Designs Facebook Page.
You have to use this Puzzle to create your layout:

So, on your project you have to use as many of the following elements as they choose, but you must include all of the elements.

  • Bird/s
  • A frame of some sort – any shape, size etc.
  • Paint/Ink/Mist Splatters
  • Flower/s

But wait, there's more:  here is a picture to draw some more inspiration from:





When I saw this picture, I just had to use it, as I have always loved little VW bugs – just something so kitschy and romantic about them..lol..  You can use anything you like in this picture as your inspiration - the colours, the  VW, the heart...anything at all!!
Here is my sample:


As you can see, I have taken inspiration from the colour palette provided, loved using all the girly pastels, and the rainbow on the heart – my background paper has a gorgeous pastel rainbow.  I’ve included some Huey’s Mist splats, a resin bird, loads of flowers, and I’ve framed my photo with a handmade chipboard circle, which I wrapped some fabric and some misted muslin around to give a nice shabby feel to my layout (thanks Gilly-Anne Lester for the Inspritation!)


I have used some gorgeous Webster's Pages from their Sunday Picnic Range, and of course some stunning Wow Chipboard - The Masquerade Mask C1295 and the Block Alphabet Lower Case C1389.  All I did with these pieces was cover them with some Adironack Dauber in Cool Peri, then I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam - Tidal Pool to add some Aqua glilmmer.  The gorgeous flowers on this layout are a mixture of Kaisercraft Paper Blooms, Manor House Creations Flowers and  Prima.

That's it from me - hope you enjoy the challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

No comments: