Saturday, April 7, 2012

Some Exciting Scrappy News!

I have been keeping a lil secret for a little while – and now I can finally share here.
Cool huh?  I must say I was pretty chuffed when the lovely Marelize contacted me to ask if I was interested – was I ever!!  LOL!
My gorgeous Guest DT pack came choc full of the lovely Prima En Francais Range – and I instantly knew it would be perfect for scrapping some of my vintage photos.  Here is one layout I’ve completed so far:
A-Beautiful-Love
This photo is one of the most treasured I have – it’s my Nanna and Pa on their wedding day.  This marriage lasted 62 years – and only ended when Pa sadly passed away.  I dare say their life wasn’t the easiest, they had difficult times as well as happy times, but what I admire is they made it work – they put each other first, and adored each other until the very end.  Just beautiful.
Anyways, I have used:

Prima Marketing - En Francais - "Billets" paper. (Reverse Side)
Prima Marketing - En Francais - "La Chaise" paper.
(Reverse Side)
Prima Marketing - En Francais - "Vinetta" flowers.
Prima Marketing - En Francais - Wooden Buttons.
Prima Marketing - En Francais - Tiny Alphabet Stickers.

Of course, I have also used some WOW – Words or Whatever Chipboard.  Belle flourish C1223 and Whirly Flourish C889.  With both flourishes, I first inked them up with Distress Ink – Tea Dye, then used a script stamp to stamp a script image on to them with light blue chalk ink.  It is always good to used a solid ink, like chalk ink, when stamping a light colour onto a darker colour .
I then added some Kaisercraft pearls for to add a little vintage touch.
Here are some close ups:
IMG_6078
IMG_6079
Well, that’s it from me for a while – I have house cleaning and packing to do for the next couple of days!!
Take care, stay safe, and have a Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Steph Mitchell said...

Congratulations!! I saw that on their blog the other day! Your LO is gorgeous as always!

Leigh Ann Hofferth said...

Beautiful layouts! (New follower!)

Linda Eggleton said...

You've scrapped this range perfectly, Niq...gorgeous colours & clusters that go so well with that beautiful photo <3