Sunday, April 22, 2012

Handmade By Suzanne Goodness

Here is another share of a layout that I've created using the gorgeous Guest DT kit Suzanne from Handmade by Suzanne sent me.


The photo is of my Aunty Min and Uncle John, who were married during WW2.  Aunty Min had to save coupons in order to buy the fabric to make her dress.   That puts all the antics of the bridezillas  around the place into perspective, doesn't it?  With ANZAC day coming up, I thought it was a good time to scrap this photo - everyone had to make so many sacrifices during the World Wars, it really shows how our forebearers were so tough of spirit.

I've used:
 Prima En Francais Paper "Province"
Prima En Francais Paper "Billets"
Prima En Francais Paper "Bonjour"
Prima En Francais Journalling Notecards
Prima En Francais Trim Card
Prima En Francais Tiny Alphabet Stickers.
All of which can be found here.

I have added layers and texture by using a doily as a mask and spraying with Glimmermist-Coffee Shop, adding muslin (also glimmermisted with Coffee Shop), applying some vintage dress pattern paper with mod podge, painted with Gesso and Adironack Paint Daubers in Blue Jean and Aqua, then stamped with a script stamp.
  I then used the Journalling cards as a mat for my photo, and I've also diecut a MFT High Tea Doily out of the reverse of "Bonjour."  Prettied it all up with some trims, pearl strips and flourishes, flowers and a butterfly.
Here is a close-up:

TFL - I am going to do some more playing with the last of this kit today - a 4th layout!!  Shows how generous this Guest DT pack was, just amazing actually!!
Cheers!


2 comments:

nugie48 said...

Monique it is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this page of my beloved Mum and Dad xx

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Monique! Love the story behind this layout and you have scrapped this beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing! :))xx