Monday, September 21, 2009

A Weekend of Scrapping!!!!

Well we have had a quiet weekend this weekend - which made a change from the last couple weekends, with Mark's Mum and Dad visiting, and Mark going away to Brissie last weekend. I actually managed to scrap a few layouts - here are two of them, I'll take photos of another couple soon, and put them up later hehe.
This one I did for the sketch challenge over at Addicted To Craft's Blog. I love using those gorgeous Prima yummies, and had a little play with some stamps and Twinkling H2Os too!



This is one I did for the challenge over at Let's Get Shabby. Shabby is not a style I am very comfortable with, so I figured if I started doing some challenges, it would get me out of my comfort zone, and start my learning curve!! The challenge was to use mainly white or cream, with a hint of one other colour - I chose grey, I love grey and cream together - just such a soft combination - plus it went with the colours in my photo.
I used a combination of Pink Paislee and Heidi Swapp papers, and used some Prima stamps, bling and swirls. I had loads of fun with this getting messy - I painted the background, modge podged some gauze onto my matting paper, (Thanks for the tip, Lisa at SnB!!)used Tim Holtz Crackle Paint on some grungeboard.... Anyways, I ended up being quite pleased with the result - although some tweaking might be in order! LOL!



Anyways, tomorrow is not going to be a very nice day for me, I am getting a bit worked up about it, I am having a CT Coronary Angiogram - due to the fact that my heart has been doing some weird things, and the Stress Test I did came back positve..... I do hope it was a false positive, not a true positive..... Wish my luck......:0(





5 comments:

Ceci said...

I have heard false +s are common in women...will be crossing my fingers for you Niq. xx (love both your layouts by the way!)

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts Niq, they are stunning!!

I hope everything went well and you are ok.....

Mel x

Jane said...

WOWSER Niq - just love your latest creations - STUNNING!!!!!!! and fingers crossed the results from your tests are all ok !!!!!

Her Essential Hand said...

STUNNING GORGEOUS AWESOME
Lo's!! They are just divine!!
Scrappy weekends are always fun!
x

Linda Eggleton said...

Fantastic layouts, Niq - as always!!!

Hope you are feeling a bit better & huge congrats on your first publication in SBM latest issue!!!