Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mark's Birthday






Hi Everyone!
Phew! What a busy couple of days we've had! Seems I've blinked and the weekend has just dashed by!!!
It is Mark's birthday today - and boy were we busy!! Why is it that whenever there is a birthday in the house, Connor gets all the treats??? LOL! I guess we both get more delight from watching him have fun than from anything else! LOL!


This morning we went to see the Dufkin replica (The Dufkin was one of the original Dutch vessals that was a spice trader, and stumbled across the north of Aust during a visit to Indonesia - in the early 1600s - actually charted a bit of the coastline!!!!) at the harbour.



Connor thought it was a good idea that he visit the "pirate ship" dressed as a pirate, and here he is, sitting on one of the ship's canons - agghhhrrr!! Soooo cute!!


We then went and got some prawns from the Mackay Fishmarket - we got a kilo of banana prawns - straight off the trawler - for $16.00 - how good is that??? They were yummo too!

This afternoon the Q150 rolled into Mackay station, we were a little disappointed because the promised steam train broke down in Rocky, so we got a "heritage" diesel electric - not quite the same, but the carriages were still beautiful - wrought iron, polished wood - when I was a kid, I'd think these were the bomby carriages, now I see them with completely different eyes - just grand old ladies!


Connor love exploring the carriages - I guess they were soooo different from what he has seen - kinda like a carriage from Thomas the Tank Engine!!! LOL!

Tonight, we just had a nice bbq, and Connor and I made cupcakes for Daddy's birthday cake - Connor's idea, of course! LOL!
Finally, here are some layouts I did as examples for the last Cybercrop challenges over at Scrapbooknbits. If you have never come to a SNB cybercrop, you really should try one - the ladies are so friendly, funny and warm!!!
This was done has a Sketch Challenge - the sketch was taken from Pagemaps
I used what would have to be my top fave range - Cosmo Cricket Snorkel - those little chippy embies are sooo cute!


The criteria for this was a spotty, round background, with 20 brads - I used some fun Basic Grey Lime Rickey Paper, so bright and happy - I just love it!!!


This is a layout I was actually happy with! LOL! I had lots of grungy fun with this layout - using some new WRMK, Prima Felt Matties and rubons and brads.....

2 comments:

Her Essential Hand said...

Lovely Layout Niq.
Looks like Connor at a great time seeing the ship and also the train!
You have one adorable little man!!
x

Linda Eggleton said...

Some yummy LO's there Niq...beautiful work! And how cute is Connor dressed as a pirate!!!....just adorable!