Sunday, May 1, 2016

Ahoy There!!!

Hi Everyone
Thank you for popping by my blog today.
Today I am sharing another "Just Because" layout.
I took this photo a little over a year ago.  Mum, Connor and I went for a trip up the Burnett River on the Bundy Belle, a lovely little boat that takes tours on the river.
At one point, the Captain invited the kids to go and have a steer of the boat.  Connor jumped at the chance and I couldn't resist taking a photo of him at the helm.


I have used 7 Dots Studio "Destination Unknown" papers.  I just loved all the nautical elements of the range, and thought they went well with the photo.
My background work included some stencilling with some gorgeous Colour Blast Colour Paste in Bling and Stormy Weather.  These beautiful richly coloured pastes can be purchased from Studio M Designs.  I also painted on some gesso and added some stamping using some Kaisercraft Textured Background Stamps - Film Edges and Grid, which can be found here in the Studio M Designs shop.
At the very end I added some watered down gesso and some black ink splatters to get more layers and added more texture with some Prima Glass Glitter and Microbeads.

Here are some close ups.





Hope you have a fabulous Sunday and are able to squeeze some scrapping in.



No comments: