Thursday, March 17, 2016

CRE8 till L8 Crop Day

Hi Everyone,
Here in Mackay we are lucky enough to have a once - a - month crop day to go to, run by Michelle Grant Studio M Designs.
These CRE8 Till L8 crop days are awesome.  They are run from 9.00 am until you drop sometime Saturday night.  Lots of ladies meet up for loads of laughs, support and to let their creativity shine.
Michelle always runs challenges, and games with fantastic prizes.
Anyways, last weekend was the latest crop day.  I managed to finish two projects.

One was this canvas:



I set myself a challenge earlier this year to try and do more off the page work.  This was my entry into the day's challenge.

I used the most amazing paint to create the background of this piece.  It is called Pebeo Dyna Paint.  It has a beautiful iridescent shimmer.  On this canvas, I used Blue Green, Violet Blue, Yellow Green and Blue Black.  At the moment, only the Blue Black is available here in Michelle's shop.  I also used  the Dusty Attic Flower Burst Stencil to apply some absolutely gorgeous Colour Blast Colour Paste in Deep Water, Lovely Lilac, Just Blue and Snow White, which Michelle does have in stock, and has at her crop days.
I created that gorgeous seaweed in the background using a new Kaisercraft Die Cut Stencil.  I then painted it with some Dyna Paint in Yellow Green.  Love how they turned out.......

Here are some close ups:




I then went from all pretty and feminine and girly to grungy and dark with this layout:


I have used one of my go - to ranges at the moment when I want to get grungy - Kaisercraft's Scrap Yard collection.  It is an awesome range to use for boys!
On the background I used some more of Colour Blast's Colour Paste - this time in Steel and Snow White.  I applied it using Dusty Attic's Squared Stencil and Distressed Grid Templates.

I used some chipboard Cogs from Dusty Attic and WOW Words or Whatever, which I painted in Dusty Attic Paint Gingernut then used Rusting Powder.
Rusting Powder is an awesome product.  It can be used to give a vintage/rusted look to backgrounds and other elements.  It's as simple to use as applying embossing glue and then wetting with vinegar!
It can be found here in Michelle's shop.



Here are some close ups:




Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you all have an awesome weekend!

No comments: