Sunday, August 26, 2012

Colour Challenge on the WOW Blog

Hi everyone!

How’s your weekend coming along?

If you are looking for a Scrappy Challenge to get your mojo flowing, pop on over to the WOW Words Or Whatever Blog and check out the new Colour Challenge there.

Here are the colours you are to use:

Graphic1 copy_thumb[3]

Here are the requirements:

  • Create a layout using the challenge colours...aqua, purple and cream, and include at least one piece of WOW chipboard.
  • Post your layout on your blog, then enter your projects via the linky supplied. Be sure to share the actual blog post address, not your home blog address.
  • There will be 2 winners. One voted on by our DT, and a random draw.
  • Remember to go to your local scrap store and grab some WOW chipboard and have a go at this months challenge.
  • Entries close Friday 14 September 2012 at midnight.

Easy peasy, right? 

I must admit, I freaked out a little myself at the colour combo when I saw it.  I have a bit of an aversion to purple, and avoid scrapping with it when ever possible.  However, I remembered I had some gorgeous Basic Grey “What’s Up?”  Papers which pretty much had these colours exactly, so then I relaxed a little…lol..

This is What I came up with:

Live-All-Your-Dreams

I actually really love how this turned out, with the balloons and the cogs it has a bit of a steampunky feel to it, which is what I was hoping to achieve.

I have used WOW Altamatz 12x12  Clouds: ALTA026 to apply texture paste to the top of the layout.  I have also added WOW Chipboard WOW1568.  I used Perfect Pearl Powder, mixed with water and painted on to colour them to match my layout.  I also used WOW’s Block Alphabet Lower Case  C1389 in my title, which I painted with Ranger Paint Daubers to add colour.

Here are some close ups:

Live-All-Your-Dreams-CU2

Live-All-Your-Dreams-CU-1

I love using Perfect Pearls on my chipboard – just look at that subtle lustre, soooooo pretty!

So don’t forget – pop on over to the WOW Blog, and add this brilliant colour challenge to your “to-do” list!  There are some great prizes on offer!

No comments: