Friday, April 6, 2012

Fabulous Friday Time!

Well a new challenge has come up on the Frosted Designs Challenge  Site

This week, you are challenged to use banners on a project.  Once more the project can be an OTP, cards layout…anything that takes your fancy really!

I must admit it wasn’t really challenging for me to use banners, I’m kinda addicted to them at the moment…haha…

This is what I did:

Sunday-Best

The photo is of my Nanna’s family – Nanna is the little girl in the front, she was the second youngest in her family…..and the favourite of her father, apparently..lol…  They are all dressed up here, probably to go to church, as they were a devout church-going family.

I used the gorgeous October Afternoon Farmhouse Range – it is one of my faves for my vintage layouts – just love the colours and designs..

The gorgeous lamp post on the right is a WOW – Words or Whatever Triple Ornate Lamp Post C1178, which I’ve painted with Distress Crackle, in Scattered Straw.

Here is a close up:

IMG_6065

It’s funny, while I was scrapping this – I really didn’t like the way it was heading at all,  so I went to bed..lol..in the morning I was able to look at it with fresh eyes and finish it – then I quite liked how it turned out!  Do you ever do that?

Oh, time for bed for me – ‘night all!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOOOOVE your layout! It's so fabulously distressed!! Love the banners too!