Monday, January 23, 2012

First Day of School For 2012

With a fair bit of sadness I sent Connor off for his first day of school – it didn’t help that he is a bit unwell – all sniffly with temps….  but he was excited – didn’t want to wait for me to take photos, but impatiently posed anyway.

IMG_5930IMG_5931IMG_5933

Also have a few Scrappy shares for you – I just love love love October Afternoon Farmhouse at the moment – sooooooo gorgeous, love the colours, and love all the coordinating embellishments too…..

Here is what I did – I am going through a stage at the moment of scrapping in a Vintage/Shabby style – I have a heap of Vintage photos to scrap at the moment, as I raided my Nanna’s photo drawer during a recent visit.  This photo is of my Great Nan (my Grandfather’s Mother) as a young lady – I remember looking at it when I was young and thinking how pretty she was, and loving the gorgeous clothes she was wearing.

IMG_5836

I’ve used a Crafter’s Workshop template to ink the background paper, and I’ve used a heap of Prima and Manor House Creations flowers too…..  Had lots of fun playing with mixed media for this one..lol..

Also, in a bit of a different style, this is a “Just ‘Cos” layout -  I have used My Mind’s Eye Kraft Funday Paper – LOVE this range too – so different, funky, and perfect for boys pages.

IMG_5834

Well, that’s it from me now – I’m off to play with some new Basic Grey Kissing Booth papers from Anna’s Craft Cupboard, and some gorgeous WOW chipboard!

Have a lovely day everyone!

3 comments:

amanda73 said...

Connor looks so grown up in his uniform, hope he gets over the sniffles, love love those layouts, gorgeous as always

Linda Eggleton said...

Great piccies!
Just LOVE your farmhouse LO...utterly divine, Niq! It's a fantastic range, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Your layouts are fantastic, you such a talented lady, much love and hugs x