Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010....

Wow - where on earth did this year go????

As a family, we did so much - went on two wonderful family holidays, Connor started his first year of school - well, Prep at least, and just a little bit of bad when I had a knee operation - Ouch!!

My thoughts tonight, though, are with my Mum and Dad - and the many many people of Queensland - who have gone through some of the worst flooding in history this week. Mum and Dad's place of work went under - and everything is still up in the air with that - the owners of the Van Park may decide to close the whole place down rather that rebuild, which would not be good for lots of people, but you have to do what you have to do I guess....


I'll do a "year in review" post tomorrow, but I thought I'd share some scrappiness first.

I actually got to participate in a Cyber Crop last week - shock horror - I actually had time!!

These are some challenges I did for Bon's Cybercrop.

This was for the "Scraplift Challenge" The layout lifted was Chantal's and this is what I came up with. Enjoyed this - loved using up some of my old chippy alphas...

This layout was for the DT challenge - which this time was opened to all .... bit of a twist in the tale really.

So hard for me to do small photos, and use negative space, but I did enjoy this - used some old BG Origins paper and some Prima Vines - any time I can use Prima, is a good time in my book! Haha!

Finally, I started this layout for the December KIU creative team reveal - the challenge was to use kraft as a base, and non-traditional scrapbook colours. As I said, I started it, but then things got REALLY hectic with report card writing, general Christmas preparations, and then my knee op, that I didn't get a chance to finish it - but here it is :0)

If you want to do this challenge, you have until midnight tonight to upload it:0)

2 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum & Dad, Niq :( I hope things turn around for them & the owners decide to keep plodding along. I have a cousin in Emerald who was evacuated & won't know until they are allowed back to see what the damage is - but it's not looking good :(

I hope your poor knee is healing well after your op.
Gorgeous LO's, as always....and looking forward to seeing your year in review post :)

Take care & Happy New Year!

Her Essential Hand said...

its so devasting with all the flooding. We are yet to find out how much we have had through the house :(( the unknown is sure the hardest part. Thinking of your Dad and Mum.
LOVE those pages did, especially the scraplift :))
Happy New year x