Monday, October 5, 2009

End of Holidays :0(

Well the last day of holidays was spent mainly relaxing. We went to the little trains - a favourite outing for the boys in our house - and I decided to have a little play with my camera. I am having fun at the moment experimenting with the manual settings. Mainly playing with the White Balance, and the ISO in order to acheive varied looks. Finally, Connor is starting to play along a bit, and does a small amount of posing - with some, ummmmm, encouragement, shall we say? LOL!!
I like this photo - I think I will change it to sepia and do some sort of vintagy layout with it.....
I am also fiddling with setting to try and get a lower f-stop on my camera - just so I can achieve that gorgeous out-of-focus edge around portraits - I'm slowly getting there! LOL!


I am doing the October Free class at ScrapbooknBits. Here are a couple of sneak peaks:




I had lots of fun getting nice 'n grungy with this - lots of painting, inking and distressing! Hehe!
The best thing about the free classes is you don't have to buy the kit to participate - but this kit is seriously awesome!! Fantastic value too - at $11.00. You get 3 Double sided WRMK papers, a Prima 12x12 transparency, some chipboard for the album, and chippy shapes..... Oh, and the template for the album ;0)
You only have to supply a few of your own general scrappy supplies. PLUS the class - great value, if you ask me!!
The October challenge has gone up on the Scrap the Boys Challenge Blog.
You have to use this advertisement as your inspiration:


You can interpret this however you please...colours, sketch, circles, surf inspired...whatever
Great challeng hey? Here is my sample - I was mainly inspired by the cool circles, and used some gorgeous Nikki Sivalis paper.




Finally, head on over to Addicted to Craft - they have an awsome 12 Weeks of Christmas Challenge starting up. If you like doing challenges, you should try these out, there are some fantastic prizes up for grabs!!
Pssst - scroll down a bit, and you'll see one of my layouts, plus a little blurb- I was blown away when Angela asked me if she could feature it on the blog - my jaw just hit the ground!!
Oh well, I think I'll head off to bed soonish - I have to get up early for my walk before work!!
STILL trying to keep this health kick of mine going - very tricky when everyone at work ordered Subway for lunch, and I had Tuna and Crackers!





2 comments:

amanda73 said...

love those photos, esp the one you are planning on changing to sepia. love that ad inspired LO too, cool ad to get inspiration from, i might even have a go this month

Linda Eggleton said...

Love the look of your grungy little album, Niq....can't wait for the class! Glad to hear you have been enjoying experimenting with your camera....your photos look fantastic. Sorry to hear that it's the end of your holidays though :(